The purpose of UNAAWA is to connect Western Australians with the United Nations in order to promote justice, peace, security and sustainable development for present and future generations. A critical element of this mission is to recognize the related achievements of members of our community and to hold them up as role models to be emulated by all Australians. Nominations for the Inaugural UNAAWA Awards 2017 are now open and being led under the auspices of the various committees of the UNAAWA.
The UNAAWA Awards recognise outstanding achievements by individuals, community members and Organisations in Western Australia that have made a significant contribution to furthering the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals through local action.
The awards will be presented at the UN DAY Gala Evening 2017 at Government House on Friday 27th October 2017. Click here for details of this event.
You are invited to present nominees or self-nominate in one or more of the relevant categories below.
ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITTEE: 2017 Environmental Action Award
- Recognising outstanding contribution to the protection and restoration of the environment and/or contribution to the awareness of environmental issues
HUMAN RIGHTS COMMITTEE: 2017 Human Rights Award
- Recognising excellence in promoting human rights or raising awareness of human rights
WOMEN’S COMMITTEE: 2017 Excellence in Gender Equity Promotion Award
- Recognising excellence in gender equity promotion
YOUNG PROFESSIONAL COMMITTEE: 2017 Best Young Professionals Platform Award
- Recognising excellence in engaging, educating, empowering and inspiring young professionals.
Entries for all the above now close at 5pm, 31st August.
EDUCATION REFERENCE GROUP: Two Categories of Recognition
- World Teachers’ Day Awards Recognising excellence in Global Citizenship Education – Primary and Secondary teacher awards (entries close 11 August 2017). Click here for details.
- Schools’ Sustainability Challenge Recognising outstanding projects implementing the UN Global Goals for Sustainable Development – Primary and Secondary school awards (entries close 20 September 2017). Click here for details.
For more information on the UN Sustainable Development Goals please visit http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/sustainable-development-goals/.