On 12 Dec the UNAA Young Professionals Queensland hosted the final event of 2020 and the last webinar in our series ‘The Future we Want’ – a digital pre-launch of our upcoming 2021 exhibition,”The Future We Want: Sustainable Development Goals Through Art. This prelaunch features:
– Spoken word performance video recording by Councillor for Gabba Ward, Jonathan Sri – https://www.jonathansri.com/
– MC: Indiana June – Artist, entrepreneur, director of Women in Technology passionate about climate action and gender equality – https://www.thedesignconference.com.au/
– Panellist: Vintii Vasundhara Aggarwal – Visual abstract artist and placement consultant with Outcome.Life – https://outcome.life/
– Panellist: Erika Menezes – Founder of Peacecard Project, freelance writer, and recently admitted lawyer – https://linktr.ee/peacecardproject
– Panellist: Nadia Katt – A visual, contemporary artist who advocates for the earth’s wellbeing and human connection – https://nadiakatt.art/
By showcasing art that speaks to “The Future We Want”, we aim to demonstrate the ability of local community to organise, provide renewed hope, and most importantly, drive to take small, necessary steps towards a more sustainable future. Then in June 2021 we will come together in person to celebrate the exhibition in full, with live performances including spoken word, song, and dance.
As always, we respectfully acknowledge that this online event will be hosted by individuals on the land of the Turrbal and Yuggera peoples, as well as watched by others from across many Nations. The entire United Nations Young Professionals organisation pays our respects to Elders past, present, and emerging.
Watch this space for our upcoming event in June & follow UNAA YP QLD – https://www.facebook.com/unypqld