- This event has passed.
Yoga for Peace
April 10 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am$15
United Nations Young Professionals Queensland is proud to again partner with the stunning St John’s Cathedral to present the Yoga for Peace event series – to raise much-needed funds for the Romero Centre.
Join us on the second Saturday of every month from March – December 2021!
We’re gathering to celebrate unity in diversity and peace, and raise money for a worthy cause, while promoting good physical and mental health.
The Romero Centre connects asylum seekers living in Brisbane with practical support (like food and shelter), legal connections, English classes, medical care, trauma counselling, community events and more.
For beginners and intermediates, these unique yoga sessions will be led under the expert guidance of Sivananda trained Yoga professional, Yasmeen Natanya Ananda. She will share her passion for Uniting Yoga and Meditation for Peace via the 5 aspects of yoga, while you find your inner peace in one of Brisbane’s most iconic landmarks.
First timers to experienced yogis are more than welcome.
- Arrive 7:45am for 8am start (50 min class)
- BYO yoga mat (please advise if you would like one provided)
- Free event parking is available
- You may wish to bring a small blanket for warmth during post yoga meditation.
- All ages welcome, under 18’s must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- For your first time, please arrive a few minutes early to complete a brief form.
REGISTRATION ESSENTIAL – (Class fee donation to Romero Centre)
$15pp / class + booking fee.
OR Bring a friend and save! Get 2 x passes for $25 / class + booking fee.