The United Nations Association of Australia (UNAA) Young Professionals (YP) Network is an organisation that creates and supports global change makers to make the world a safer, fairer and more sustainable place. We aim to engage the community and build an environment to support the work of the United Nations by:
- Promoting career pathways within UN agencies and international development organisations;
- Creating social change and advocacy platforms where Australians can have a voice on the most important issues; and
- Building capabilities and relationships within organisations to support the values of the UN.
The UNAA YP team are all volunteers, working tirelessly to create a safer, fairer and more sustainable world. We are a diverse mix of young and established professionals and university students, from a broad range of career and academic backgrounds. Anyone who is willing to work hard and contribute to the UNAA YP Network is welcome on our team.
|Title:||NSW YP Lead|
|Reporting to:||National Lead||Direct Reports:||5-8|
|Commitment:||Average of five to ten hours per week however workflow is flexible|
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a brief covering letter to: email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Friday 16 November 2018
The NSW Lead is responsible for providing overall leadership and direction for the Young Professionals Network in the NSW. They are also responsible for fostering relationships within the UNAA and other arms of the UN, and building partnerships with government, not for profit, community and other interest groups to create and support social change. The NSW Lead will also work closely with the national leadership team, acting as the conduit between the NSW and the broader Network.
- Leading, managing, coordinating and enhancing the impact of the YP Network within the local community including through the delivery of events and programs in the local area;
- Building relationships and managing diverse stakeholders of varying levels of talent, experience, age and background;
- Exploring opportunities to expand the network in consultation with key stakeholders including the UNAA Divisions and UN Youth to maximise the UNAA’s overall impact;
- Collaborating and knowledge sharing with other YP teams within the Network;
- Accountable for team budget;
- Accountable for the delivery of education, advocacy and other programs;
- Supporting the UNAA National Board, National Executive Director and the wider National Office to support the YP objectives;
- Attendance at all leadership meetings (or delegated).
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for someone who has:
- Exceptional leadership attributes;
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organisational skills;
- Experience managing stakeholders;
- Experience working or volunteering in the international development / humanitarian / social justice community (ideal, but not essential);
- An understanding of the UN goals, ideals and mission;
- A commitment to furthering positive social change in the community to advance goals of the UN and time to volunteer.
What We Are Offering
- Exposure to UN agencies, international development organisations as well as government and private organisations;
- Opportunity to work with and meet high profile dignitaries, politicians and senior executive leaders to build and enhance your networks;
- Gain practical skills that can be applied throughout your career;
- Evolve your leadership capacity.